If you want something not too time consuming, but a meal the whole family will enjoy, you HAVE to try these out!!! I found this recipe on Pinterest and tweaked it a little to my liking!
One of the reasons why I love this recipe is because you don’t have to measure the ingredient EXACTLY right for it to turn out perfect. Because let’s face it, we have all beat the batter 2 second too long before and had a flop of a cake! The ingredients and steps are super simple!
- 1.5-2 pounds pre sliced chicken tenders
- whole whiter flour
- 2 eggs
- splash of skim milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Olive Oil Spray (spray can: PAM)
- sweet chili sauce (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Take out three bowls. In the first combine your bread crumbs and coconut; season with a little salt and pepper. In the next bowl whisk together 2 eggs and milk. In the third bowl add the flour.
- Line up your bowls so that you have the chicken, then flour bowl, egg mixtures, and last the bread crumbs and coconut, ending with a baking sheet
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil spray, coat evenly and well.
- For each chicken tender, first coat it in the flour, then dunk it in the egg mixture, then coat in the bread crumbs and coconut combination before placing on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until you used up all the chicken, or desired amount.
- Before placing in the oven, lightly spray tops of tenders with the olive oil spray so they can get crispy on the top!
- Place in he oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping them half way through. Bake until fully cooked.
I served this with sweet chili sauce for dipping and then sea salt and peppered Brussels sprouts on the side! Made for a complete and yummy meal!