A few months ago I was shopping at Big Lots, I didn’t have classes on Fridays, so for some reason I thought it was a good idea to always go shopping… hahaha 😡 Any way, I was walking around not looking for anything in particular and came across a Ninja set. I looked at it and it said $30. Of course my first though, this MUST be a knock off brand because there is no way the 6 piece Ninja is $30. So I grabbed my phone (seriously, how did people get by without these??) and looked it up. They went for about $150 and then $80-$100 on amazon. — SCORE!! You bet I grab that right away! It was the only one there, it was obviously meant to be! So how does this tie into PB banana bread? Well, it doesn’t really besides using it to make this bread! hahah But the lesson of the story is, go to Big Lots regularly, you never know what treasures you will find 😉
Okay, now that I fed to your shopping addiction, I’ll finally give you my recipe 🙂
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 4 eggs, whites and yolks
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c all natural peanut butter ( I used JIF)
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I used Ceylon cinnamon)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a paper towel, and a small amount of coconut oil, wipe down the sides of your load pan. Then lay parchment paper into pan to line it.
- Combine bananas and eggs into a mixer (or bowl with hand mixer) and mix for about 1 minute to combine ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix, but do not over mix!
- Bake for 45 min-1 hour at 350 degrees F. Allow to cool before serving.