You are going to want to SAVE this, SCREEN SHOT it, PRINT it… do whatever you have to do, because this is the BEST. RECIPE. EVER!
Nutty PB-Cran Granola
– 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
– 3/4 cups Toasted Coconut Almonds (Blue Diamond brand)
– 1/2 cup mixed nuts
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
– 1 egg white
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries
– 1/2 cup rasins
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300F degrees. Line one fairly large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the oats (3 cups), almonds (3/4 cups), mixed nuts (1/2 cup), and cinnamon (1/2 tsp.); set aside.
3. In a medium sized, microwave safe bowl, combine maple syrup (1/2 cup), coconut oil (1/4 cup), all Natural PB (1/4 cup), and microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Or until everything is melted together. Remove from the microwave and using a fork or rubber spatula, stir until everything is mixed together well. Put aside and let it cool.
4. Once your mixture is slightly cooled, whisk in your egg white and vanilla. Pour this over the oats and nuts; toss and coat completely. Keep tossing until all the oats and nuts have an even coat of the liquid mixture on them.
5. Spread onto your baking sheet; bake for 45 minutes, stirring it 3-4 times. Once time is up, remove from oven and let sit out to cool completely. (I like to add the dried cranberries and raisins at this point so it can set with the rest of the granola as it cools) Letting it cool will help the granola get a crunchy texture, before sealing it. Once completely cooled you can add the optional chocolate chips!
Tip: Store granola in an air tight container; it will last up to 3 weeks! PS. it is DELISH mixed with vanilla greek yogurt! <3