This is one of my all time favorite recipes! There is something about it that is so refreshing; I think its the vinegar, I love vinegar! It just makes it CRISP! -Do you know what I mean??
This is a clean eating recipe, I first had it when I was doing the Ultimate Reset! (Which was AWESOMEEE by the way!) Although I still make a lot of the recipes that were in that cleanse, this one appears on our dinner table more often than others!
The cool thing about this is, you can easily incorporate the 21 Day Fix containers with it! So you can start talking in colors like everyone else is!
“So, what did you have for lunch Christine?”
“I had 2 yellow, 2 red, and 1 purple”
aka: turkey sandwich and greek yogurt and an apple
- 1 English cucumber, sliced and cut into half moons
- 1/4 small container cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped red inion (optional, I personally opt out of this)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped freshly flat-leaf parsley (you can use the dried seasoning too)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh bail leaves (dried seasoning is okay here too, but fresh is always better!)
- Himalayan salt (to taste)
- herbal seasoning (to taste)
Combine all ingredients in a boss and toss.
I have also made this, as I mentioned before, with the 21 Day Fix containers. I basically used 1 green for the cucumbers (after slices and halved) and 1 green container for the halved cherry tomatoes. Then added the oil and seasons as needed for the quantity I felt right. They are pretty close to what is already here!